Layne Bowler : Axial Pump
In the need of low head high capacity pumping applications, axial pumps are used.
The importance or the use age of this type of pumps is daily increasing specially with the change of climatic conditions in the world, which is leading to uncontrolled floods.
Axial (propeller) flow vertical pumps are highly adaptable designs used to pump relatively large amounts of fluid at low pressures. The vertical mounting allows for installations with minimal floor space, flooded suctions and minimal foundation work.
Layne & Bowler low head pumps are ruggedly designed for long years of trouble-free, continuous usage. The basic components of head, column pipe and bowl assembly can be combined and customized to meet a large range of applications conditions.
- Pumps: 8 - 120 inch
- Capacity: 14000 l/s
- Head: 15m
- Speed: 347-1200 rpm
For different performance values, speed and frequency applications, please contact one of our Layne Bowler specialists.
- Vertical hollow shaft motor, suitable for continuous operation
- Self release coupling
- High thrust bearing
- Oil lube thrust bearing
- Solid bar threaded shaft coupling
- External impeller adjustment
- Manual lube valve (oil lube)
- Above surface discharge
- Plain end discharge
- Oil lubricated line shaft
- Tube tension assembly
- Sch'd 80 enclosing tube
- Bronze line shaft bearings
- Oil lube reservoir
- Flanged column pipe Steel line shaft
- Bronze fitted bowl assembly
- Bronze bowl bearings
- Keyed impeller or propeller
- Stainless steel bowl shaft
- Suction bell
- Pumping uncontrolled flood waters
- Low head high capacity water circulation and cooling towers in industrial applications
- Water lifting of irrigation systems between canals, rivers or lakes in agricultural applications
- Water supply to power plants
- Sewage applications
For more than a century, Layne Bowler has been one of the leaders in the industry, constantly improving designs to satisfy changing market requirements. Contact us today to discuss your requirements.